As part of the project company ViA6West, HOCHTIEF is participating in the expansion of the federal highway A6 in Southern Germany. In addition to the six-lane expansion and the new construction of the bridge over the Neckar Valley, ViA6West will build 36 other bridges along the route and, amongst other things, noise barriers along a stretch of 13 kilometers. To compensate for the built-up areas, ViA6West will implement compensation and replacement measures. During all work, ViA6West takes special consideration of the environment. The section with a total length of 47 kilometers is being operated and maintained within the framework of a PPP model over a period of 30 years.
- Country: Germany
- Client: Federal Republic of Germany represented by the state of Baden-Württemberg, represented by the Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart’s department of Roads and Transportation
- Type of contract: PPP/availability model
- Investment volume: around 1.3 billion euros
- Term: 30 years
- Participants: HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions (30%), DIF Infrastructure IV (50%), JOHANN BUNTE Bauunternehmung (20%)
- Construction time: 2017-2022